Thursday, July 12, 2007

A Gentle Answer

A Gentle Answer repost

A gentle answer turns away wrath but a harsh word stirs up anger.
Be comletely humble and gentle. Be patient bearing with one anther in love.
Be slow to speak and slow to anger.
17 years ago I was loud, outspoken and impulsive. I would say what was on my mind bluntly, without much of a filter or regard to sensitivity or appropriateness. I think that I had a lot of "oops, i wish I didn't say that" moments every week but i didn't even know that they were those moments. As I became more sensitive to the feelings of other people I really did not like the way it felt to stick my foot in my mouth. It was painful and embarassing and it became something I wanted to avoid. I realized that my skilled sarcasm was funny but was usually at the expense of someone else or it made people wary of me and I learned that if I wanted the love from people I was seeking that I would have to be a kinder and gentler person.

No comments: